The escalating level of anxiety in our children begs for an explanation as well as a solution. Anxiety can take many forms including obsessions, compulsions, phobias, panic as well as a host of perplexing seeking and avoidance behaviours. Dr. Neufeld sheds light on this age-old problem, paving the way for natural interventions that can actually get to the root causes as opposed to just managing symptoms. Although the focus is on children, this enlightening material will benefit anyone suffering from anxiety.
In mapping out the separation complex, Dr. Neufeld also reveals the relationship of anxiety to other common childhood issues including dominance, aggression and attention problems. This course brings a fresh and promising perspective to one of our most troubling and perplexing human problems.
Topics addressed include:
- the anatomy and working model of the human alarm system
- how to recognize anxiety in all its various manifestations
- the three natural outcomes of alarm and how to foster them
- seven common themes in our obsessions and compulsions
- why what alarms us can also blind us to the source of alarm
- the role of the brain’s limbic system
- how emotional and perceptual defenses lead to alarm-system dysfunction
- how the alarm system is meant to work
- why alpha children tend to be much more anxious
- why current discipline methods are alarming our children
- why some children are conscientious, careful and concerned and others are reckless, careless and without fear
- effective ways of addressing the roots of anxiety without relying on medication
- what parents and teachers can do to help their anxious children and students
Interested in this course?
For more information, please see the Neufeld Institute course outline.
Contact me to be notified when a new group is scheduled.